Friday, November 25, 2011

Parents wont let me wear black nail polish?

My parents dont think it is right for me to wear black nail polish but i want to because im emo but im slowly showing that to them. When would be the right time to show them i have black nails. Also they say to eachother that if he wears black nail polish then he will not be part of the family. Can someone please help me.Parents wont let me wear black nail polish?
Well, in my opinion, if you are under the age of 18, you pretty much have to do what mom and dad say.





Its just a phase anyhow. So dont make this a bigger issue then what it needs to be.





Maybe try to negotiate with them. Like weekends only or something.





Styles come and go...but we only have 1 mom and dad. Right ???





Besides some of us dont have moms and dads alive so feel lucky and blessed that you do. Good luck. LONG LIVE BLACK NAILS !!!!





Florida guy.





30 years oldParents wont let me wear black nail polish?
Tell your parents that it is what you want to wear, just like if someone would wear baggy pants, it's a style, I am wearing BLACK paint on my nails right now, ask your parents if they wore what they wanted when they were your age, if they did, then tell them that they were just like you are now.

Report Abuse



I don't have any problem with my kids wearing black polish, it is only a colour for goodness sake, it is easily taken off....black actually does go with just about everything.





It is probably more why or how the wearer is wearing it.





Why do you need to wear black to be emo, aren't emos trying to be individual?





It seems to me that emos are pretty much just one of the crowd now anyway, why don't you just be yourself? Or would that be hard for your emo friends to accept?





i have taught my kids to be what they want to be not what others think is cool or correct.








Kids should be able to dress and wear their hair as they feel they like, but they need to also understand that not everyone can handle or tolerate their ';style'; so kids also need to understand that sometimes what they like, may not be appropriate and that they need to respect that.





We believe that even the ';weirdest'; person should be accepted, so long as they do no harm to others (or themselves).
your parents should really take a step back and look at the whol picture and to learn that there are more important battles....like drugs or alcohol.....wearing polish is just a creative thing you are doing. i have 40 yrold clients that are wearing the color. i dont care that you are a boy either, that makes no difference. i had a mother bring her son in to get a pedicure with her....he was 10! and it was so cute...i took it upon myself and painted his toenails black and did a skull with red eyes out of rhinestones. he loved it ---pirates of the caribbean was big then---and his mom thought it was really neat that i made him comfortable and that he enjoyed the experience. also everyone needs to have pedicures...it is a grooming thing not a gay thing. people come on!!!!!
you want to wear it ';because your emo';


You're a guy right?


so maybe tell them you're going to wear pink instead (if they find it worse).


or just wear it


or ask them why you can't and explain to them you really want to and it doesn't mean what they think it does(even if it does)


and still if not just wear it.
CAN SOMEONE TELL ME EXACTLY WHAT ';NORMAL'; IS!!!!?


here what you do...you wear black nail polish...what are they gunna do about it? make you wash it off..take it away from you?...kick you out?





if they make you wash it off...put it on again


if they make you throw it away...buy more


if they kick you out...screw them


if they are gunna kick you out because you choose to express yourself how cares...go live with a friend...cousin...family member...








i say do what you want and screw the rest :P
My mother is super religious.I understand that you like to dress the way you want.At first she didn't except that.My father is a Metal head.She hated the fact that all of his children were like him.She prayed to god that we'd grow out of it.But it wasn't just a faze.This is who we are.I believe in god the same way she does I may look a little different but I'm still the same person as I was when she used to dress me.eventually she accepted and learned to live with it.This started when I was about 10 years old now I'm seven teen.
I agree with them... just because you have some sick idea of what and who you are with that stupid EMO nonsense... your parents are a whole lot more responsible than you are.





Be happy you have THEM for parents... I would have kicked you out on your dumb EMO arsz when you first came home looking you had just stepped out of your coffin.
I say, ';GOOD FOR YOUR PARENTS!'; They're ';normal'; and trying to help YOU remain that way!





THANK GOD THERE'S STILL PARENTS LIKE YOURS!





I don't think they should ';disown'; you; a bit dramatic. But. . .you need to listen to them. Black nail polish even looks stupid on girls (women); unless it's Halloween!
Whatever you do, let them know you are painting your nails black before they discover that you are wearing your sister's pink panties.


Dis-ownership from the family is light compared to what you could expect if you were my son.
you need to let your parents no that wearing black nailpolish is just your style right now. let them no that you just like how it looks, and remind them that when they were your age, they prolly wanted to dress how they liked too.
wow, thats harsh of your parents to say. maybe you could start with a gray or silver nail polish so your parents can start to get used to it, then a darker gray, then black
I guess it's because they don't want you to look gothic.





You are not an emo, I can tell. Emo-wannabe is more like it.





It's not cool. Let me reiterate, NOT cool.
I'm sure their is a way to express yourself without the use of black nail polish.
it took awhile for my parents to get used to it to just do it gradually
dont make it a big issue. it will blow up into something it isn't worth. do other emo things. i love the pants :)
UR A DUDE Y THE F**** WOULD U WANT 2 WEAR BLACK NAIL POLISH?
Well guys don't wear nail paint...
ew
eww ur a guy don't do that!!

No comments:

Post a Comment