Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Does clear nail polish get rid of warts?

I know its disgusting but...i have a wart on my hand. I tried to freeze it off with two different brands but it didnt work. I herd clear nail polish works..so does anybody know if that acctually works...and does anyone know any other ways to get rid or them?





Thanks in advance!Does clear nail polish get rid of warts?
I starred your question because I've had this problem. I went to a foot doctor because it turned out to be Plantar's wart and I got a prescription (although it's in the medicine aisle anyway) for wart remover ( with Salacytic Acid) I used it every night for about 3 weeks and the warts turned black and then came off.


To avoid this problem don't walk around barefoot on linoleum floors that could be dirty.


When I went to the doctor I was already limping because of the problem. After 2 days they started to hurt less. Just use it every day. (Yes I missed a few)





But I am very interested if your solution will work!





(Update) I agree with Melissa. I had a friend that used the one with the pads to cover the medicine and she said it worked great too!


Here's a link to Walgreens for all the wart medicines they use.Does clear nail polish get rid of warts?
I never heard about the clear nail polish, but I did get this over the counter product (can't remember the brand -- think it was clear away though) that had these little medcine disks that look like bandaids. I put it on my wart and it was gone in a week or two. You change the little medication pad every day or two. Otherwise, a dermatologist is an option (though that didnt work for me, the otc worked much better). GOod luck
I heard that you apply a small piece of banana skin under a band aid. You change it every few days, it takes a while to work. Remember that warts do go away on their own eventually. That is why it is so hard to work out what really gets rid of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment